Joplin, Mo – How We Can Help
The massive tornado that ripped through the heart of the blue-collar southwest Missouri city of 50,000 people on Sunday was the deadliest on record in nearly six decades.
Sam Murphey, a spokesman for Gov. Jay Nixon’s office, said Tuesday that 117 bodies had been found but he didn’t know when or where the latest one was discovered. Fire chief Mitch Randles said he knew of only 116 bodies found. The New York Times is quoting fire officials in Joplin who are saying more than 1500 are still missing.
If you would like to help through financial assistance or through volunteering, here are some links:
- Convoy of Hope: 417.823.8998
- Victim Relief Ministries: 972-234-3999
- Ozark Christian College: www.occ.edu; 417-626-1234
- Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief: 800-736-6227
- Samaritan’s Purse
- American Red Cross – Ozarks, MO Chapter:
If you are a medical professional who would like to volunteer, go to this website, www.showmeresponse.org.