Manager’s Memo 6-10-20
I’ve come to believe one of the primary tools in the Devil’s toolbox is division. He used it in heaven and pulled away one-third of the angels. He used it in the Garden of Eden and divided us from God. He used it in the first family, and a brother died at the hands of his brother. He used it to divide Isaac and Ishmail, Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers. He’s still using it to great effect with husbands and wives, families, churches, communities, countries and the world. He knows if we are isolated, we are vulnerable.
How does he sow this division? Look at each of these stories, and there is a recurring theme. You can become like the Most High. You are the center of the universe. You matter more than others. You have to take care of yourself. He whispers it in my ear without ceasing.
And what does the Carpenter say about how we should live?
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Father, help me live like you are the center of the universe and not me. Help me to show your mercy, love, and kindness to all around me. Help me be a peacemaker and to want nothing more than to be your child.
For 88.3 The Journey, I’m General Manager Mike Agee.